State law requires districts to address water quality in schools.
Delaware Administrative Code 16-4462 Public Drinking Water Systems
1.0 General Provisions
- 1.1 " Application": These regulations shall apply to all public water systems in the State of Delaware.
- 1.2 " Variance": Variances will not be issued under these regulations.
- 1.3 " Exemption": Exemptions will not be issued under these regulations.
- 1.4-1.5 Missing section numbers are reserved.
- 1.6 Right of Entry: The Director of the Division or his/her designee shall have the right of entry, during reasonable hours and in a reasonable manner and without fee or hindrance, for the purpose of conducting a sanitary survey and/or sampling of any public water supply and all water furnished by any public water supplier, whether or not the Division has evidence that the system is in violation of an applicable legal requirement.
- 1.7 Prohibiting Water Usage: The Division may prohibit the use of sources of water which after treatment do not provide water conforming to the Standard established by these Regulations or which for any reason may pose a threat to the public's health.
- 1.8 Separability: If any provision of these Regulations is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect other provisions which can be given effect without the invalid provision.
- 1.9 Enforcement of Regulations:
- 1.9.1 All PWSs must be operated in compliance with the requirements as set forth in these Regulations.