State law encourages districts to adopt acceptable Internet use policies or to provide instruction on safe Internet use.
Delaware Administrative Code 14-1599-3.0 Delaware Educational Technology Standard for Teachers
- 3.1 The Standard define the skills and knowledge educators need to teach, work, and learn in an increasingly connected global and digital society. Effective teachers model and apply the NETS-S) as they design, implement, and assess learning experiences to engage students and improve learning; enrich professional practice; and provide positive models for students, colleagues, and the community. All teachers should meet the following Standard and performance indicators.
- 3.1.1 Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
- 188.8.131.52 Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
- 3.1.2 Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
- 184.108.40.206 Experiences and Assessments-Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessment incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the NETS).
- 3.1.3 Model Digital Age Work and Learning
- 220.127.116.11 Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society.
- 3.1.4 Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility