State law addresses physical activity.
Nevada Academic Content Standard for Health
The health content Standard address physical activity in health education in middle school grades.
Nevada Administrative Code 389.381 Sixth through eighth grades: Health.
Instruction in sixth grade, seventh grade and eighth grade in health must be designed so that pupils meet the following performance Standard by the completion of the eighth grade:
- Practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid and reduce health risks, as demonstrated by the ability of the pupil to:
- (a) Explain the importance of a person assuming responsibility for healthy behaviors;
- (b) Create a wellness plan that meets dietary guidelines and includes moderate to vigorous physical activity;
- (c) Demonstrate methods of responding to behaviors that put a pupil at risk, including, without limitation, the use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs;
- (d) Understand basic procedures in safety, first aid and life-saving measures, including, without limitation, the use of and procedures for using recreational safety equipment;
- (e) Evaluate the behaviors of the pupil that put the pupil at risk for injury, including, without limitation, self-harming behaviors and harmful trends; and
- (f) Analyze the behaviors of a pupil that increase the risk of the pupil spreading communicable diseases, including, without limitation, sexually transmitted diseases, mononucleosis, tuberculosis and influenza.