State law addresses violence prevention
Nevada Academic Content Standard for Health
The health content Standard address violence prevention in health education in high school grades.
Nevada Administrative Code 389.455 Health.
Instruction in high school in health must be designed so that pupils meet the following performance Standard by the completion of high school:
- Use decision-making skills to enhance health, as demonstrated by the ability of the pupil to:
- (a) Apply a decision-making process to more than one potentially abusive situation in order to get help or leave the situation;
- (b) Formulate a plan to effectively enhance personal health;
- (c) Evaluate the effectiveness of making decisions regarding the use and abuse of substances;
- (d) Determine the benefits of applying a thoughtful decision-making process in situations concerning health;
- (e) Analyze the legal and social consequences associated with abusive behaviors; and
- (f) Examine barriers in the community that impede the ability to make healthy decisions.
Nevada Revised Statutes 389.021 Establishment of courses of study; provisions governing cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillator for health course in middle school junior high school and high school.
1. The State Board shall adopt regulations establishing courses of study and the grade levels for which the courses of study apply for:
- (e) Instruction relating to child abuse