State law, regulation, or district policy addresses vaping or electronic cigarette use.
Alaska Statutes 18.35.301 Prohibition of smoking.
(b) An individual may not smoke in an enclosed area
- (1) in an office building, office, hotel, motel, restaurant, bar, retail store, or shopping center;
- (2) in a common area in an apartment building or multiple-family dwelling;
- (3) in a place of employment, including a vehicle;
- (4) at a public or private educational facility;
- (5) at a health care facility, including residential units in the health care facility;
- (6) in a building or residence that is used to provide paid child care, whether or not children are present in the building or residence, or care for adults on a fee-for-service basis; however, nothing in this paragraph is intended to prohibit an individual from smoking in a private residence that is in a building where another residence provides paid child care or care for adults;
- (7) on a vessel operating as a shore-based fisheries business under AS 43.75.
Alaska Statutes 18.35.399 Definitions.
(12) “smoking” means using an e-cigarette or other oral smoking device or inhaling, exhaling, burning, or carrying a lighted or heated cigar, cigarette, pipe, or tobacco or plant product intended for inhalation.