State law prohibits bullying behavior.
North Dakota Century Code 15.1-19-18. Bullying - Prohibition by policy
- Each school district shall adopt a policy providing that while at a public school, on school district premises, in a district owned or leased schoolbus or school vehicle, or at any public school or school district sanctioned or sponsored activity or event, a student may not:
- a. Engage in bullying; or
- b. Engage in reprisal or retaliation against:
- (1) A victim of bullying;
- (2) An individual who witnesses an alleged act of bullying;
- (3) An individual who reports an alleged act of bullying; or
- (4) An individual who provides information about an alleged act of bullying.