State law encourages districts to provide safeguards, counseling or other supportive services or interventions, or requires districts to provide students with resources and referrals without mandating the provision of direct services or interventions.
North Dakota Century Code 15.1-19-18. Bullying - Prohibition by policy
- The policy required by this section must:
- a. Include a definition of bullying that at least encompasses the conduct described in section 15.1-19-17;
- b. Establish procedures for reporting and documenting alleged acts of bullying, reprisal, or retaliation, and include procedures for anonymous reporting of such acts;
- c. Establish procedures, including timelines, for school district personnel to follow in investigating reports of alleged bullying, reprisal, or retaliation;
- d. Establish a schedule for the retention of any documents generated while investigating reports of alleged bullying, reprisal, or retaliation;
- e. Set forth the disciplinary measures applicable to an individual who engaged in bullying or who engaged in reprisal or retaliation, as set forth in subsection 1;
- f. Require the notification of law enforcement personnel if school district personnel have a reasonable suspicion that a crime might have occurred on or off school district property;
- g. Establish strategies to protect a victim of bullying, reprisal, or retaliation;
School Safety - Bullying
Webpage with links to bullying law guidance.