State law, regulation, or district policy requires districts to administer school climate surveys.
Utah Code 53G-8-802. State Safety and Support Program — State board duties.
(1) There is created the State Safety and Support Program.
(2) The state board shall:
- (i) create a model school climate survey that may be used by an LEA to assess stakeholder perception of a school environment and adopt rules:
- (i) requiring an LEA to:
- (A) create or adopt and disseminate a school climate survey; and
- (B) disseminate the school climate survey;
- (ii) recommending the distribution method, survey frequency, and sample size of the survey; and
- (iii) specifying the areas of content for the school climate survey; and
- (j) collect aggregate data and school climate survey results from each LEA.
(3) Nothing in this section requires an individual to respond to a school climate survey.