State law encourages districts to provide safeguards, counseling or other supportive services or interventions, or requires districts to provide students with resources and referrals without mandating the provision of direct services or interventions.
Minnesota Statutes 121A.031 School Student Bullying Policy
Subd. 4. Local policy components.
(b) Professional development under a local policy includes, but is not limited to, information about:
- (1) developmentally appropriate strategies both to prevent and to immediately and effectively intervene to stop prohibited conduct;
- (2) the complex dynamics affecting an actor, target, and witnesses to prohibited conduct;
- (3) research on prohibited conduct, including specific categories of students at risk for prohibited conduct in school;
- (4) the incidence and nature of cyberbullying; and
- (5) Internet safety and cyberbullying.