State law, regulation, or district policy encourages districts to administer school climate surveys.
Nevada Revised Statutes 385A.650. Preparation and requirements for plan; annual review; submission of plan.
- The principal of each school, including, without limitation, each charter school, shall, in consultation with the employees of the school, prepare a plan to improve the achievement of the pupils enrolled in the school.
- The plan developed pursuant to subsection 1 must: (a) Include any information prescribed by regulation of the State Board; (b) Include, without limitation, methods for evaluating and improving the school climate in the school; and (c) Comply with the provisions of 20 U.S.C. § 6311(d).
- The principal of each school shall, in consultation with the employees of the school: (a) Review the plan prepared pursuant to this section annually to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan; and (b) Based upon the evaluation of the plan, make revisions, as necessary, to ensure that the plan is designed to improve the academic achievement of pupils enrolled in the school.
- On or before the date prescribed by the Department, the principal of each school shall submit the plan or the revised plan, as applicable, to the: (a) Department; (b) Committee; (c) Bureau; and (d) Board of trustees of the school district in which the school is located or, if the school is a charter school, the sponsor of the charter school and the governing body of the charter school.
- As used in this section, “school climate” means the basis of which to measure the relationships between pupils and the parents or legal guardians of pupils and educational personnel, the cultural and linguistic competence of instructional materials and educational personnel, the emotional and physical safety of pupils and educational personnel and the social, emotional and academic development of pupils and educational personnel.