State law requires the provision of school counseling or guidance services in secondary grade levels (9-12).
Virgin Islands Code 17-003-002 Virgin Islands Student Discipline Policy
Counseling Philosophical Basis Personal concerns of students can seriously limit their educational development. Schools have the responsibility to provide a counseling program, to make relevant the objective information available to students, and to encourage students to use these services.
- To use guidance services for their own educational and personal improvement.
- To schedule appointments in advance unless the problem or concern is one of an emergency
- To work cooperatively with all school personnel
- To be informed as to the nature of the guidance services available in their school
- To have access to individual and group counseling
- To request counseling assistance