State law addresses making PE inclusive, including adapted PE or accommodations when necessary.
Indiana Administrative Code 511 6.1-5-2.6 Elementary curriculum
(b) The elementary curriculum develops students' knowledge and skills based on the academic Standard in the following:
- (1) English language arts.
- (2) Mathematics.
- (3) Social studies and citizenship.
- (4) Science.
- (5) Visual arts and music.
- (6) Health and wellness.
- (7) Physical education, adapted as necessary.
Indiana Administrative Code 511 7-32-74 "Physical education" defined
(b) [Physical education] includes the following:
- (1) Special physical education.
- (2) Adapted physical education.