State law prohibits the sale, possession, or use of alcohol or controlled substances on school grounds or at school-related events.
Nevada Revised Statutes 392.463. Adoption of plan to ensure public schools are safe and free of controlled substances; written rules of behavior and punishments; distribution of plan and rules to pupils; availability for inspection.
- Each school district shall adopt a plan to ensure that the public schools within the school district are safe and free of controlled substances. The plan must comply with the Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act, 20 U.S.C. §§ 7101 et seq.
- Each school district shall prescribe written rules of behavior required of and prohibited for pupils attending school within their district and shall prescribe appropriate punishments for violations of the rules. If suspension or expulsion is used as a punishment for a violation of the rules, the school district shall follow the procedures in NRS 392.467.
- A copy of the plan adopted pursuant to subsection 1 and the rules of behavior, prescribed punishments and procedures to be followed in imposing punishments prescribed pursuant to subsection 2 must be distributed to each pupil at the beginning of the school year and to each new pupil who enters school during the year. Copies must also be made available for inspection at each school located in that district in an area on the grounds of the school which is open to the public.
Nevada Revised Statutes 392.464. Adoption and enforcement by trustees of disciplinary measures for pupil in possession of alcoholic beverage or controlled substance on premises of school.
- The board of trustees of each school district shall adopt and enforce measures for disciplining any pupil who is found in possession of an alcoholic beverage or a controlled substance, while on the premises of any public school in its district.
- As used in this section, “alcoholic beverage” has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 202.015.