State law encourages districts to adopt dating violence policies.
Indiana Code 20-19-3-10 Dating violence educational materials.
(a) The department, in collaboration with organizations that have expertise in dating violence, domestic violence, and sexual abuse, shall identify or develop:
- (1) model dating violence educational materials; and
- (2) a model for dating violence response policies and reporting. Not later than July 1, 2011, the department shall make the models developed or identified under this section available to assist schools with the implementation of dating violence education programs in grades 6 through 12 and dating violence response policies.
(b) The model dating violence policy identified or developed under subsection (a) may include the following topics:
- (1) Warning signs of dating violence.
- (2) The basic principles of dating violence prevention.
- (3) Methods of parental education and
- (4) History
Indiana Model Teen Dating Violence Educational Materials and Response Polices for Schools Guidance Document
Guidance policies for schools regarding teen dating violence