State law requires districts to provide professional development for school personnel on bullying prevention and response.
Indiana Code 20-26-5-34.2 Bullying prevention; training for employees and volunteers
A school corporation shall provide training to the school corporation’s employees and volunteers who have direct, ongoing contact with students concerning the school’s bullying prevention and reporting policy adopted under IC 20-33-8-13.5.
Indiana Code 5-2-10.1-11 School safety specialist training and certification program
(c) The department of education shall do the following:
- (1) Assemble an advisory group of school safety specialists from around the state to make recommendations concerning the curriculum and Standard for school safety specialist training.
- (2) Develop an appropriate curriculum and the Standard for the school safety specialist training and certification program. The department of education may consult with national school safety experts in developing the curriculum and Standard. The curriculum developed under this subdivision must include training in:
- (A) identifying, preventing, and intervening in bullying;
- (B) identifying, preventing, and intervening in criminal organization activity; and
- (C) identifying, preventing, and intervening in actions by a person who is present on school property with the intent to harm another person.
Indiana Code 5-2-10.1-2 Purpose - Source of money - Grants
(a) The Indiana safe schools fund is established to do the following:
- (5) Provide educational outreach and training to school personnel concerning:
- (A) the identification of;
- (B) the prevention of; and
- (C) intervention in; bullying.
School Employee Training Overview
Anti-bullying training tools and opportunities for school staff.