State law addresses alcohol and Drug-use/abuse.
Texas Administrative Code Title 19 RULE §115.2 Health Education Kindergarten
(2) Health behaviors. The student understands that behaviors result in healthy or unhealthy conditions throughout the life span. The student is expected to:
- (C) name the harmful effects of tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs
Texas Health and Safety Code Sec. 163.001. PROGRAM.
(a) The department shall develop a model public health education program suitable for school-age children and shall make the program available to any person on request. The program should emphasize:
- (1) that abstinence from sexual intercourse is the most effective protection against unwanted teenage pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, and acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) when transmitted sexually;
- (2) that abstinence from sexual intercourse outside of lawful marriage is the expected societal standard for school-age unmarried persons; and
- (3) the physical, emotional, and psychological dangers of substance abuse, including the risk of acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) through the sharing of needles during intravenous drug usage.