State law addresses bullying prevention.
Texas Administrative Code Title 19 RULE §115.2 Health Education Kindergarten
(10) Personal/interpersonal skills. The student understands that bullying behaviors result in unhealthy conditions throughout the life span. The student is expected to:
- (A) identify bullying behaviors;
- (B) identify replacement behaviors to avoid bullying friends, family members, and peers;
Texas Administrative Code Title 19 RULE §115.3 Health Education Grade 1
(11) Personal/interpersonal skills. The student understands that bullying behaviors result in negative consequences throughout the life span. The student is expected to:
- (A) demonstrate how to get help from a teacher, parent, or trusted adult when made to feel bullied, uncomfortable, or unsafe by a peer or an adult; and
- (B) describe negative consequences for both the victim and the bully.
Texas Education Code Sec. 28.002. REQUIRED CURRICULUM
(s) ...In addition to any other essential knowledge and skills the State Board of Education adopts for the health curriculum under Subsection (a)(2)(B), the board shall adopt for the health curriculum, in consultation with the Texas School Safety Center, essential knowledge and skills that include evidence-based practices that will effectively address awareness, prevention, identification, self-defense in response to, and resolution of and intervention in bullying and harassment.