State law addresses personal health and wellness.
Texas Administrative Code. 115.23. Health Education Grades 7-8.
(b) Knowledge and skills.
- (1) Health information. The student comprehends ways to enhance and maintain personal health throughout the life span. The student is expected to:
- (A) analyze the interrelationships of physical, mental, and social health;
- (B) identify and describe types of eating disorders such as bulimia, anorexia, or overeating;
- (C) identify and describe lifetime strategies for prevention and early identification of disorders such as depression and anxiety that may lead to long-term disability;
- (D) describe the life cycle of human beings including birth, dying, and death;
- (E) identify and describe the three categories of prescription drugs and types of illegal drugs; and
- (F) examine the relationship between prescription drugs and illegal drugs.