Topic is not addressed in state statutes or regulations.
3 V.I.C. § 93 Assistant Commissioner, Insular Superintendents, and deputies; appointment; tenure; functions
(a) There shall be in the Department an Assistant Commissioner, two Insular Superintendents, one Dean of Students for each high school and such deputies as the Governor deems necessary for the proper administration of the Department. The Assistant Commissioner, the Insular Superintendents, and one Dean of Students for each high school shall be deemed of the same rank. The Assistant Commissioner and the deputies shall be appointed by the Governor, and shall hold office during the continuance in office of the Governor by whom they are appointed and until their successors are appointed and qualified, unless sooner removed by the Governor.
(b) The Assistant Commissioner, the Insular Superintendents and any deputies appointed under this section shall perform such functions as the Commissioner prescribes.
(c) The Deans of Students:
- (1) must have a masters degree and seven years in the field of education;
- (2) shall resolve discipline problems in the public high schools in their respective districts;
- (3) shall work with community and government agencies on problems relating to violence, drug abuse and other behavioral problems in the public high schools and truancy from school;
- (4) shall assist in developing and administering practices addressing campus control and security; and
- (5) shall confer with parents, teachers, counselors, support service personnel, and students on matters of discipline and welfare; Perform such other duties as the Commissioner may prescribe; and
- (6) shall perform such other duties as the Commissioner may prescribe.