State law addresses providing referrals to private physicians or community health partners.
Arkansas Code 6-18-1501. Vision Screenings
(1) An eye and vision screening report shall be sent or given to each parent or guardian of each child who has failed the vision screening test.
(2) The report shall identify whether the child passed or failed the screening and the need for a comprehensive eye and vision examination.
(3) The report shall be mailed or given directly to the parent or guardian by the appropriate school personnel and shall comply with all applicable privacy laws.
Arkansas Code 6-18-1502. Eye exams
(1) A child who does not pass the eye and vision screening tests, except for the color perception test, shall be required to have a comprehensive eye and vision examination conducted by an optometrist or ophthalmologist within sixty (60) days of receipt of the vision screening report identifying the need for the examination.
(2) The parent or guardian of the child shall be responsible for ensuring that the child receives the appropriate eye and vision examination.