State law defines prohibited behavior and may require districts to include bullying definitions in district anti-bullying policies.
Alaska Statutes 14.33.250 Definitions.
In AS 14.33.200 — 14.33.250, (1) “district” has the meaning given in AS 14.17.990;
(2) “harassment, intimidation, or bullying” means an intentional written, oral, or physical act, when the act is undertaken with the intent of threatening, intimidating, harassing, or frightening the student, and
- (a) physically harms the student or damages the student’s property;
- (b) has the effect of substantially interfering with the student’s education;
- (c) is so severe, persistent, or pervasive that it creates an intimidating or threatening educational environment; or
- (d) has the effect of substantially disrupting the orderly operation of the school;
(3) “school official” means an employee of a school, including a teacher, administrator, or noncertificated support staff or paraprofessional.