State law requires districts to provide professional development for school personnel on bullying prevention and response.
Oregon Revised Statutes 339.341 Statewide School Safety and Prevention System; rules
(4) The system required under this section shall be supported by school safety and prevention specialists who:
- (a) Serve regions of this state;
- (b) Are cross-trained in safety assessments and in the prevention of youth suicide, of acts of bullying, intimidation or harassment and of acts of cyberbullying; and
- (c) Provide or facilitate training, the development of programs and plans, the coordination of local teams and the provision of ongoing consultation to regional partners, school districts and education service districts.
Oregon Revised Statutes 339.359 Training programs; prevention task forces programs and other initiatives
(1) School districts must incorporate into existing training programs for students and school employees information related to:
- (a) The prevention of, and the appropriate response to, acts of harassment, intimidation and bullying and acts of cyberbullying; and
- (b) The policy adopted under ORS 339.356.
Policy Recommendations and Recommended Investments for the State Board, Local School Boards, and Oregon Legislature
This document outlines recommended policies and training topics for teachers