State law addresses aspects of traditional school-based health services but does not formalize a program to aid in the establishment of clinics or health centers on campus for students.
Medicaid to Schools: Medical Assistance Services Provided by Education Agencies
Site provides information on Medicaid reimbursement for school-based health services.
MEMORANDUM: GUIDANCE TO STATES AND SCHOOL SYSTEMS ON ADDRESSING MENTAL HEALTH AND SUBSTANCE USE ISSUES IN SCHOOLS
Memo addresses school-based health services for mental health and substance use supports.
New Hampshire Administrative Rules Ed 306.40 Health Education Program
(a) Pursuant to Ed 306.26 and Ed 306.27, the local school board shall require that a school health education program for grades 1-12 provides:
(1) Health education;
(2) School health services;
(3) Food and nutrition services;
(4) A comprehensive guidance and counseling program;
(5) Healthy school facilities; and
(6) Family and community partnerships.
New Hampshire Revised Statutes Annotated 189:49 Optional Services
The school board of any school district may provide the following child benefit services for pupils in each public and nonpublic school in the district or in another school district in this state:
- I. School physician services under the provisions of RSA 200:26-41.
- II. School nurse services.
- III. School health services.
- IV. School guidance and psychologist services.
- V. Educational testing services.
- VI. Transportation under the provisions of RSA 189:9.
- VII. Textbooks and instructional materials.
- VIII. Health and welfare services equivalent to those provided by public schools including speech correction and remedial and diagnostic services.
New Hampshire Revised Statutes Annotated 200:27 School Health Services
The local board in each school district may provide school health services to include school nurse services and schoolphysician services to every child of school age in the district as hereinafter provided.
New Hampshire School-Based Oral Health Programs School Year 2019-2020
Document provides information on schools served through New Hampshire's School-Based Oral Health Program.
NH Health Education Profile
Site provides School Health Profiles to assist state and local education and health agencies in monitoring and assessing characteristics of school-based health services.
Oral Health Resource Exchange
Site provides sample documents from community and school-based dental programs.