State law encourages or requires inter-agency coordination as part of initial emergency plan development only.
California Education Code 32281 School Safety Plans
(2) The schoolsite council may delegate this responsibility to a school safety planning committee made up of the following members:
- (A) The principal or the principal’s designee.
- (B) One teacher who is a representative of the recognized certificated employee organization.
- (C) One parent whose child attends the school.
- (D) One classified employee who is a representative of the recognized classified employee organization.
- (E) Other members, if desired. (3) The schoolsite council shall consult with a representative from a law enforcement agency, a fire department, and other first responder entities in the writing and development of the comprehensive school safety plan. The comprehensive school safety plan and any updates to the plan shall be shared with the law enforcement agency, the fire department, and the other first responder entities. (4) In the absence of a schoolsite council, the members specified in paragraph (2) shall serve as the school safety planning committee.