State law requires districts to adopt comprehensive anti-bullying policies addressing all U.S. Department of Education-recommended policy requirements.
Maryland Code 7-424.1 Model policy prohibiting bullying, harassment and intimidation
(c) Development of policy by county boards. --
- (1) Each county board shall establish a policy prohibiting bullying, harassment, or intimidation at school based on the model policy.
- (2) The policy shall address the components of the model policy specified in subsection (b)(2) of this section.
- (3) A county board shall develop the policy in consultation with representatives of the following groups:
- (i) Parents or guardians of students;
- (ii) School employees and administrators;
- (iii) School volunteers;
- (iv) Students; and
- (v) Members of the community.
- (4) By January 1, 2017, and every 5 years thereafter, each county board shall update its policy based on the State Board's update of the model policy under subsection (b)(3) of this section.
Maryland’s Model Policy To Address Bullying, Harassment, or Intimidation
This document describes Maryland's model bullying policy.