State law encourages districts to implement school-wide positive behavioral interventions or tiered frameworks.
South Carolina Code of Laws 59-66-40. School safety task force.
- (1) There is created a school safety task force to:
- (a) examine the various funding streams for school-based mental health services and determine how these streams may best be utilized in order to provide more accessible and efficient delivery of mental health programs;
- (b) examine school mental health staffing ratios and provide suggestions that allow for the full delivery of services and effective school-community partnerships, including collaboration between school districts;
- (c) develop Standard for district level policies to promote effective school discipline and mental health intervention services;
- (d) examine current intra— and interagency collaboration and suggest ways to improve cooperation; and
- (e) examine how to best support multitiered systems of support.